Thursday 9 July 2020

THE LATEST GAME LAYOUT

I cannot believe it has been almost two years since I last posted on my blog. My apologies for those who may have been following my blog since the beginning.

Since then I have once again improved the rulebook, gameboard and components as follows:

The rulebook is 24 pages now. Here are a couple of page examples.




Last year, in September of 2019, the group from GNork Games offered to playtest my game. They provided a pre-game video, gameplay video and their thoughts after, Although it may have been hard to hear some of the points they made, it allowed me to make significant improvements to the rulebook and game mechanics. However, it took me almost a year to do it with some playtesting.

So, now I hope I have something more stable, logical and easy to read.

This was the gameboard as of September 2019.



This is the latest version.


The differences are as follows:
The Resource Trackers. I converted from four to two, one on each side, but having more points to score on the tracker, being 25 now instead of 20, and each player using one Tracker token instead of two each. Having one Tracker on each side with two players on a side to share became easier to manage.
The second thing changed was I added the stats for the Military Units (MUs) on the brushed metal half hexes on left side of the board.
The third thing was modifying the VP and RP charts.

The MECHA and Kaiju character cards were changed significantly. Last year, the cards had a Healthy side and a Damaged side, with a different special ability on each side. Apparently, it became a little difficult for the players to understand the abilities and manage the damage on the cards.
So, I improved them by only having the same stats on both sides of the card but the abilities are different. This means the players must choose which ability they want to play. Think of it like picking between 16 MECHA or Kaiju than only 8 of each.





The Target City cards are now called Target Zone cards and I have added cards for deploying in sea and land zones. This allows the Sazzarran player  more options to deploy their forces, especailly if they do not want to deploy into an enemy occupied zone.






The Tactic Cards were changed from this:



To only changing the back of the cards to this. The left is the Sazzarran Tactic Card and right is the UERF Tactic card.



 Lastly, the MUs were double sided with the same image on both sides. I changed that so that they other side now has a Damaged icon. During the Battle Phase, as the UERF forces are hit first, they needed to be turned over to a destroyed side before being removed because they still get to attack as combat is considered simultaneous, with exception of certain rules, such as using Nukes or Bio-Bombs.
So, now each MU looks like this with Sazzarran Mu example below.


That is pretty well it for the changes. This had vastly improved game play.
You may notice that the image I have of the gameboard and component layout on the page header is the previous version as of September 2019. I will eventually be replacing that with the new one.

My next blog will be about the 3d models.



No comments:

Post a Comment