Friday 8 December 2017

BATTLE THROUGH THE PORTAL

Over the next few months I will be posting a lot of information about Kaiju Conquest. Most of that will be the different mecha, kaiju, bases and military units in the game. I am starting with the original imagery for my game. This was the second image my artist, Becca-TR, created for me. See image below.


The image shows the Battlemaster mecha and a Thunder Dragon kaiju engaged in close combat as they fall through the Portal near a beach on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. This was an early morning scene. The disturbance from the Portal caused high winds around it. You will see on bottom right a naval vessel and on the left of the portal an ocean oil rig. In the center around the Portal are two military helicopters sent to investigate the Portal with the naval vessel, when the mecha and kaiju fall through it.
In the background, on the other side of the Portal is the surface of Mars. The year is 2116, and Mars has a small, but ever growing, human colony, which is taken over when the alien reptilian species, the Sazzarran, decide to occupy Mars and setup short range Portals as a staging area for their invasion of Earth. The Portals are an experiment, as well as the kaiju, the giant monsters being used as frontline assault units and support for the military units. 
My original intent was to use this image for my game box cover. But over time there was too much going on with it, so I had it changed to something a little more subtle, as shown below.




Also, with Becca's artistic assistance, I was able to create the side panels for the game box as shown below.


I am still working on improving the back of the box, so eventually you will see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment